There’s nothing like grilling and al fresco dining in the summertime. Whether you’re an enthusiastic meat-eater, a sometimes vegetarian, or a strict vegan, there are always tasty options for you and your guests. Summer cooking is all about food that is flavorful, fresh, and not too fussy. Here are some ideas from us for dishes we’ll think you’ll enjoy in the coming months, and are easily adaptable/modified for dietary restrictions and allergies;
• Navidi’s Caprese Salad—We are your source for the best caprese ingredients. Make sure you choose a high-qality fresh mozzarella (or burrata!), basil, and the tastiest tomatoes, preferably from your garden or a neighbor’s garden. Then drizzle with one of our fresh extra-virgin olive oils and dark balsamics (Aged Traditional and Fig are popular choices). For something different, swap out tomatoes for juicy peaches. For a peach caprese, we recommend using one of our a white balsamics. Peach White Balsamic and Garlic Olive Oil is a delicious sweet and savory combination.
• Cabbage, Cucumber, and Tomato Salad with Quinoa (click for recipe)
• The Best Grilled Corn Ever—Shuck corn, but do not take off outside husks. Rewrap in husks and return to bottom of grill for grilling. Once grilled, paint with our new Black Pepper Olive Oil mixed with some of our Jerk Rub, minced scallions, garlic, and cilantro. Our Lime Fresco Sea Salt or White Truffle Sea Salt are also a great alternatives to the heat of Jerk Rub.
• Lip-Smackin’ Chicken—Marinate with a combination of our Chipotle Olive Oil and Espresso Balsamic prior to grilling or make a thicker sauce for basting during cooking. If you want a little more heat, try our Baklouti Green Chili Olive Oil.
• Lamb Kebabs with Shallot Relish (click for recipe)
• Grilled Fruit Desserts—Try grilling peaches, pineapple, or mango and serve atop vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of balsamic. For peaches, we recommend Lavender or Cinnamon Pear Balsamic, for pineapple, try Black Cherry or Blackberry-Ginger Balsamic, and Key Lime or Honey-Ginger White Balsamics are delicious with grilled mangoes.
• For single beverages or serving a crowd, try our Coconut Lime Fizz (click for recipe) or our twist on a classic—what we like to call “Arnold Palmer Goes to Georgia”. To make this southern-style Arnold Palmer, use our Peach White Tea from Adagio in place of black tea and add some sliced peach in addition to lemon in your glass/carafe.